Quote from D. Gackenbach

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Lazy Days of Summer

Wow!  I just realized it has been almost a month since my last blog post, time flies when you are having fun.  This summer has been incredibly lazy, so I guess I just don't have much to share.  Projects have been few and far between, and honestly most of the things I have started have languished the moment the sun peeks out and beckons me back to play.

My children and I made a trip to Utah to visit with family.  That was fun.  My mother's garden is beautiful and full of life, my parents are both pretty darn good company, my son caught his first fish, and my dad served us deep fried bacon... what more can I say.

 
Here at home we have been lucky enough to enjoy long sunny days at a nearby lake, fireworks, a carnival, some good books, vintage video games galore, and even a 10th wedding anniversary.  It has been sweet.  But as Autumn approaches and real life looms large (school, work, etc.) I will cling to these last few weeks of freedom.  There is still time for blackberries and the beach, one last ferry ride, and just a little more swimming, heck I might even talk myself into one more bonfire and s'mores.  Enjoy these long days, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment