Quote from D. Gackenbach

Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Birthday (to me)

I keep waiting for the birthday that comes with an engraved invitation to the secret grown-up club...  Apparently I haven't reached it yet, because no such invite arrived in today's post.  But, I did get a wonderful birthday card from my mother-in-law, and a hand delivered card from one of my girlfriends, sneaky!  My cell phone greeted me with good morning birthday love from my mother and my oldest bestest friend first thing this morning; always a great way to wake up.  And, of course the FB yielded a collection of delightful birthday wishes from far away friends (and some not so far away).  I am so lucky to have all these people in my life!  Birthdays are always a sweet reminder of who you have in your corner, they are like an annual support group check.

Now on to the celebration, since I am still running around in my adolescence (at age 34) I will be dressing up, feather boa and tiara included, and heading into Seattle to squeal with glee as men in dresses serenade me.  That's right!  Look out, Le Faux Show, I'm coming to town, so make it fierce!  Time to go wax some things, and charge up my camera battery...  Tomorrow there will be pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment