Quote from D. Gackenbach

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Learning to Weave

So I read through the manual, warped my loom and made a short piece of trim last night.  I had a few mistakes, mostly due to my poor heddles.  I could have used a little more info on the process of making the heddles, mine were initially too loose, but I figured that out as I worked and have corrected for it with a new set this morning.  I used the first piece for my hubby's tunic.

This morning, before my coffee, I warped the loom to try out a band for my own garb.  I am thankful for my husband's keen eyes because I almost warped my loom wrong twice.  Next time coffee first.  But here it is all warped and ready to go.  The last photo is of the band I made, it ended up shorter than I need for my sleeve openings, I thought 6 feet would do it, but I will have to do 8, maybe this will be a belt.  The pattern is called Egyptian Key, it is pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment