Quote from D. Gackenbach

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Perfect Timing



So yesterday I mentioned my new relationship with the gym.  I have a love/hate with the gym it is true, but I am looking forward to working on my body until it feels good again.  Then, this morning when I started reading all the lovely things written about in the blogs I follow, I came across this blog post (thank you Polly) from Amy Morby. 

I cried, and I was reminded how lucky I am to love myself (most days).  I may get pissed at my body for feeling so old when I am still so young, but I do love it.  It works pretty well.  I have made and fed two wonderful little humans with it.  I can walk, and sit, and stand, and do cartwheels if I want to.  I can juggle, and swim, and ride a bike.  My body is beautiful, and competent, even if it hurts sometimes.  I rock!  I don't always feel this way, but I am stronger than self-loathing, and I always win.

I think Morby's series is a very worthwhile way to recognize National Eating Disorder Awareness Month.  If an ED has touched your life, or the life of someone you know and love get on board, make the pledge, and slap a badge on something!  Then give yourself some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment