Quote from D. Gackenbach

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Spring Fever

I am sitting in the sun.  For those of you who know me you realize this is important, the sun means it is gardening time!  I was an avid gardener in California.  I grew lots of flowers and veggies, tried to attract butterflies and hummingbirds, even sweet talked the bees.  But moving to the lovely Pacific Northwest two summers ago has put a serious kink in my gardening hose!  I am learning to play by a  whole new set of rules up here. 

I miss my garden.  I miss my roses, hollyhocks, and my irises, and the peony that hated me too.  I miss butterfly bush and nasturtiums, borage and feverfew.  I miss the ladybugs, the onions, the garlic, even the zucchini that went crazy every year.  I miss my pond and I miss my frog.  I loved that garden, and I will never forget it.  But I am learning how to work the soil here, and I will move on.  Here are some fond memories; I hope they tide me over for a few more weeks, by then it will be time to grow some new memories.











No comments:

Post a Comment